Hoenn Staff Abusing Powers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImCold, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImCold

ImCold New Member

Hello! Me and a couple others were unfairly muted for carrying out a civil conversation. The conversation that resulted in chaos was started when someone mentioned Trump. Me and the others simply stated that we liked Trump as a president, and favored him above many. The staff were very quick to claim that we were breaking their "no politics" rule that simply does not exist on this server. We all politely questioned this, as it is not stated in the rules. We were very civil in our discussion, openly accepting other viewpoints and opinions. Unfortunately, the staff seemed to be bothered by our accepting of the first amendment, and muted us on this day, 4th of July. I will not list any usernames in fear of a witch hunt, as this server seems very fond of unjust and uncalled punishments.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. PoliteViolence

PoliteViolence New Member

I warned you both several times not to mention politics in the main chat, as it causes fights in chat. I asked nicely to not mention politics in chat, and you both ignored me.
    Politics is a polarizing issue, and we would like to keep it from being in chat. Not to mention, the first person to mention politics wasn't even muted. You both started talking about politics only after you saw me warn another player for it.
    You weren't muted for talking about politics: you were muted for ignoring moderators telling you to stop, and being disrespectful in general.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. ImCold

ImCold New Member

Rules are the staple of a peaceful environment and deter chaos. There is no rule on obeying staff to every command, as that would cause chaos. A staff member's purpose is to ensure the community abides by the rules. I should mention that politics nor obeying staff is nowhere in the rules, both on the server and the rules listed on the forums. The mute Snow_Miser_ and IceCapMusic received was for disrespecting other members/staff, when, observing the things said in chat, they were doing no such thing.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. axle15

axle15 New Member

You were politely asked to keep the conversation of politics out of main chat. From what I have heard you had a good reason to be muted. The purpose of staff is to not only to make sure the rules are followed, but to ensure safety and stability among our community members. The subject of politics may be touchy to some, even though others may not agree with it. The topic you were touching could cause arguments and hostility among the community, and that is not something we want happening.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Memes

Memes New Member

You were warned multiple times to stop discussing politics in public chat. You continued to argue with other players and staff after being told to drop the subject. Talking about things such as politics can cause issues with other players, which is something that you are aware of, yet you continued to bring it up. Our job as staff is not only to enforce the rules, but to make sure that players can get along peacefully and be respectful to one another. I am sure that you were aware that you were disrupting this by constantly arguing with other players and staff.

Either way, a Minecraft server is not a place to be discussing your views on politics. When a staff member tells you to drop the subject the best thing to do is to stop instead of continuing to argue, as it will just make your situation worse. Keeping politics out of chat is something that we have always enforced, and that will not change.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. ImCold

ImCold New Member

All staff members I have confronted seem to be oblivious to the problem I am stating. The manor in which they asked me to stop is invalid. There was no reason to stop my actions as they broke no rules. As I stated previously, there is no rule about obeying staff members' every order or of refraining to mentioning politics. I will refrain from my actions as soon as they are added to the rule board.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. ImCold

ImCold New Member

Why do you have the idea that I was intentionally trying to create disturbances? I was simply portraying my opinion, which is also not against the rules. I never argued with any staff member, but politely questioned their abuse of power.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Frosty

Frosty New Member

'Respect all players and use appropriate language", I believe you were disrespecting the staffs duty to keep the server civil amongst the community?, disobeying a staffs command is a form of disrespect, Disrespectful Behaviour: Behaviour that is rude, unpleasant, inappropriate, and unprofessional. Behaviour that causes hurt feelings and distresses, disturbs, and/or offends others. Uncivil Behaviour: Rude, impolite, discourteous behaviour that displays a lack of regard for others, you were causing distress for the staff telling you to drop the discussion, which is furthermore is rude and impolite, in addition you were discussing a topic that is very serious and can offend or disturb others which also is not appropriate to be talking about such topic in a minecraft server chat, which is basic knowledge, notice you nearly come under every form of disrespect? staff have the right to mute you.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ImCold

ImCold New Member

Using your logic, the staff would have been equally disrespecting me, as well. I easily say that them muting me caused me hurt feelings. We can use your logic if you wish, but that would make me and the staff I civilly debated the issue with on the same level of unjust. Why is everyone attempting to drop this issue rather than solving it? Why can't the staff either admit they messed up, or add this to the rule board. It is not on the rule board at the moment.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Memes

Memes New Member

Not all rules need to be stated for people to know that they are wrong. People play on the server for Pixelmon, not to have political discussions. You should be well aware that bringing up politics is something that is not necessarily respectful as it can cause others to be offended. There's nothing wrong with stating opinions, but some things are too sensitive to talk about on a game like this. We want all of out players to feel respected, and when politics are discussed it can cause problems between players. What made the situation worse was that you didn't drop the topic after you were told to multiple times. You were warned and you continued to argue, resulting in a mute. Nobody is going to admit that they messed up, because we didn't mess up. What you did was wrong, and you were punished for it.

We were telling you to stop what you were doing, but you didn't, so I'm sorry if your small mute hurt your feelings, but we stand by it, and we feel like it was a just and fair punishment.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Frosty

Frosty New Member

It is already on the rule board, accept the fact your in denial and your plucking arguments out of thin air to comeback on, that logic is incorrect, the staff is simply doing their job, it may hurt your feelings, but you brought that upon yourself, its a punishment for being disrespectful, we are not looking to argue here, you are not making the situation any better for yourself
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ImCold

ImCold New Member

Not all rules need to be stated, but they need to be written to be followed. The rules need to be made clear to ensure they are followed. If you want players to feel respected, why are you restricting another player for expressing their opinion in a civilized matter? You find it very strange for me to be upset by an unjust mute? I find it very strange that the staff seem to believe another person's opinion hurts another's feelings.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. ImCold

ImCold New Member

Show me where on the rule board politics is mentioned as well as following a staff's every command. Otherwise, your statement is invalid.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Frosty

Frosty New Member

My reason is on disrespect, which is the reason you were muted, not for the reason politics was mentioned, not following a staffs command is disrespectful, since its their job to keep everyone happy and moderate the chat.

'Respect all players and use appropriate language"
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. ImCold

ImCold New Member

Look back at what I previously stated. Disrespect can be classified as many things, and I can easily claim, by the definition you felt the need to paste, that the staff disrespected me with an unjust mute. I was discussing this with them in a civilized matter, avoiding the impression that I was being rude. I am open to all opinions and was making simple conversation.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Frosty

Frosty New Member

So if a criminal was sent to jail, that would be disrespectful to the criminal?

Look, lets come to a sensible conclusion instead of ending up writing for pages long, since your clearly not understanding anything we are saying, and overseeing the point, lets simply let a Manager decide the outcome.
    @Mosapotayis
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. ImCold

ImCold New Member

Precisely what I am waiting for. Agreements are not always met by getting your way. I am okay with civilly debating with you, as we both have different opinions of the scenario. We can stop debating if you would like.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Future__

Future__ Hoenn Manager Staff Member Manager Admin

This thread has gotten a little out of hand. Polite's response is our server's response. This thread is now locked
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.