Journey November Pun Contest

Discussion in 'Events' started by Maggie, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:29 AM.

1. Maggie

Maggie Owner Staff Member Owner

November Pun Contest!
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone! This month we would like to introduce to you all our amazing new Pun Contest! Whether you love them or hate them (you don't actually hate them, you just pretend you do :]) enter our contest for some juicy rewards that will be listed at the end! All you need to is write a small story or paragraph that include a few puns that follow our POKEMON theme! Still confused? Check out this story our Punniest Manager Riddik made!
    [​IMG]

Now your submission doesn't have to look like this, but you are more then welcome to enter a submission like this! Now if you absolutely CANNOT make a punny story using pokemon, feel free to make the story about anything! Please read all the rules and rewards next!

Pun Contest Rules
    Start Date: November 14th
    End Date: December 3rd @ Midnight EST!
    Theme: Pokemon!
    Originality: Please make a story that you created! We will search every submission for any traces of plagiarism.
    Submission: Your submission must include atleast 3 sentences and more than 1 pun! To impress us and get a chance to get a reward, you need to try your best!

Rewards
    1st Place: $25 In-Store Credit* + Primal Key + Event Key!
    2nd Place: $20 In-Store Credit* + Aura Key + Event Key!
    3rd Place: $15 In-Store Credit* + Event Key!
    *In-Store Credit means you will get a coupon to use in our Journey Shop to buy anything that totals the amount you win!
    *If you win and don't play on a Pixelmon Server, rewards will be converted to the server you play on!

Pun Contest Reply Layout
    In-Game Name:
    Server:
    Picture or text of your Entry:

Good Luck!
  2. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member

In-Game Name: AlyssaLynnM
    Server: Johto puns.png
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sky_kun

Sky_kun Hoenn Senior-Nerderator Staff Member Senior Mod

In-Game Name: Sky_kun
    Server: Hoenn

Can I Axew a question? do you like puns? Goodra, but Bewear: they might make you Shuckle. I mean... you asked Furret, so I must Delibird. Alright Skiddo, it's time to HM01 the chatter and get right to the puns. I would keep my Meowth shut but puns keep me moving.

So I became king of a small town in Dragonair. West Pastoria, born and raised in the Safari Zone is where I spent most of my days. Catchin em, Maxie, relaxin all cool... Throwin' Bait and Rocks, repeating one and two. And a couple of poachers who were up to no good started stealing Pokes in my neighborhood. I was in one little battle and my Mom got scared, said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle to Dragonair."

Also for music, I like to listen to 'Rolling in Mareep", but sometimes i'll listen to songs from Ekanescence if I'm feeling edgy.

But enough about me, I want to hear your puns! Come on! Don't be a Shyhorn. There isn't any Shaymin bad puns, they only get better, Bayleef me! I would say more but I don't want to Jynx it. Oh well, got to go. But remember, never do drugs. Stuff like weedle ruin your life!

We should meet up sometime. Here, i'll raichu my address and we can meet again.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 2:48 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  4. go_diamond

go_diamond New Member

In-Game Name: go_diamond
    Server: Johto

Far far away, there was once a Kingler over a country. Unfortunately this King was going to Decidu-die soon, and there was not one good Herider to the throne. The king had Arca-nine sons but only ArticUNO son was Bayleefed to be alive. The King knew his son was too terrible to be the Princeplup of the Persians. The King's Son was named A-Aron. Now I'll Gothitelle you that the people of the land did not want him to take the Throh-n. Whenever there was someone who Joltiked him off, he became Krabby and would see to it that they would be Exeggcute'd into a very Accelgorey Corpsola. Whenever he gave the command they would count down Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, and then they would Bagon from this world. They did get a few seconds to feel very Ivysaur from the Pain Split between only themselves. The people who Fearow-ed him and found him to be very Gastly decided making him the next Kingdra would be Heracrossing the line. They schemed and took a Chansey by creating a very Farfetch'd plan where two men would have to Golurk near the palace. Whenever the king's son Solgaleo'ed down in his room, got in a Comfey position, and became Drowzee that they would Knock Off all the Garde[devoir]s, rush in, and send him into the Gorebyss. Two citizens went to Exeggcute that plan, it took a lot of Braviary but they were told to just Budew it. While they were near the palace, one said to another, "Kommo-oh no, what did I get Mewself into at least if I die, Mesprit will always be with this land" "What a legendary line, but shut your Meowth before we get caught in a Trapinch." "I Horsea what you did there." the other man said. When the men got near the palace, they became sick and starting Koffing and Weezing. Their only thoughts were if they would be Inkay. When the two arrived at his room, No Guard (s) were doing their job. Could it really be this Simple? "Don't just stand there, Golett yourself in." one said to the other. One of the two men Torchickened out and fled. He got away Safely. The one man that remained finally got his Goldeen opportunity. He went in the room, looked down to the King's son, and said "Now I'll have Munna this in the kingdom. It will now Starmie. I am the Machampion and you will Gabite the Dustox." The next day the king died and the man which had assassinated the son took his place. He turned out to be a very Slowking.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. itzpsychominers

itzpsychominers New Member

In-Game Name: itzpsychominers
    Server: Hoenn
    Picture or text of your entry:
    Hello my name is itzPsychoMiners and I am ABSOL-utely excited to show you who the true WAILORD of puns is, doesn’t matter how many people WAILMER in sadness when they lose. I don’t care if I gotta go TYROGUE if it means I HITMONcan get to the HITMONTOP, and if you don’t like it you can just HITMONLEEve. Now don’t throw a TYARANTRUM you little TYRUNT, when this is all over we can let BAGONS be BAGONS, but for now your chances of winning are SHELGONe. I you still wanna fight it then ill just make SALAMENCE-meat out of you. I’ll give all the haters a MAROWAK. They may hate me down to the CUBONE, but that’s not TENTACOOL at all its just TENTACRUEL. Its going to be LITWICK and if I done win I guess ill just LAMPENT all my mistakes, but as of right now I think I have a good chance of CHANDELURE-ing you to my side. I will SPEAROW-head my to victory and leave all my challengers in FEAROW, but wait theres HEATMOR and its coming in MOLTRES ZAPDOS ARTICUNO. I will tell you the HUNTAIL the story of a man who wanted to strike it rich with CLAMPERLS. He was told his chances were GOREBYSSmal . Now this geoDUDE had plenty of friends and never had GRAVELER on the ground to eat, but he was a man determined to reach his GOLEM. He could WEEDLE his way out of any situation, and once he set his mind to something its like he encased his thoughts in a KAKUNA and ignored everyone else no matter how much they tried to BEEDRILL it into his head that he was being crazy. Because of this people thought he was a bit ODDISH but he never got GLOOMy no matter how VILEplume the insults got, cause he believed one day he would BELOSSOM into a great man. So he told his family CHINCHOU because it was his LANTURN to SHIINOTIC. He had a taste of adventure and he was ready for MORELULL. He thought everything was SWELLow and that his TAILlow was nowhere near done so. But his enemies were not SLAK-ing-OTH they were VIGOROTHsly trying to strike it rich so they can live like SLAKINGS. So the man HONEDGE his skills and sharpened his DOUBLADES so he can be ready to AEGISLASH down anyone who stands in his way, and so he and his enemy locked RHYHORNS. One RHYDONNED in the finest armor and the other with RHYPERIOR skills. His foe MACHOPed him in the neck before going to MACHOKE him. Just when the foe thought he was going to be the MACHAMP the ONIXspected happened. The man STEELIXed his nerves and went for his foes sablEYE. His enemy released him from his traPINCH and told him viBRAVAo for getting down and dirty for his dreams. He went on to tell him that his chances of winning were FLYGONe, but asked him why he fought so hard. The man told him it was MUNNA his business. His enemy feeling insulted told him he would beat him till he was nothing but MUSHarna. The man PIDOVE under his enemies swing . His expression was TRANQUILL as if he was UNFEZANT by his enemies viciousness . He managed to SKORupi the final flow on his foe. He proceeded to DRAPION his enemies body over his shoulder before digging a hole and putting the body in it. He grabbed a nearby rock and used his sword to make it into a makeshift SPIRITOMBstone. Then with all his BERGIMITE he AVAlUGGed his prize. He didn’t wanna SHINX it but he was ready to live a life of LUXIOry and his smile was like LUXRAY of sunshine. A man who was once as thin as a TURTWIG had GROTLEd his foe, ivan the TORTERRAble. His and proved the people who said he was BULDUM wrong. He put the pearls in his METANG, and realized pearl hunting was METAGROSS.He was so HAPPINY, he had taken a CHANSEY and it payed off. Now he can live the rest of his life in BLISSEY.Now I know a few of these are a bit FARFETCH’D and the sheer amount of puns may make you wanna PYUKUMUKU. But I still TOTODILE-aly plan to win and to those that say otherwise I just say CROCONAW, because my puns are so savage their down right FERALIGATR.

Okay I decided to stop it there because I limited myself to not repeating any of the pokemon and using all members of an evolution line once I used one of them and because I decided to take pity on the judges. If you don’t get any of the puns just ask me and I can explain them because a few of the of them are a bit of a stretch and I hope you enjoyed(read:hated) my puns :D(also if I don't win ill make a part 2 and yes that's a threat). Also I really hope grammars not a factor.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. iced_Cola

iced_Cola New Member

In Game Name: iced_Cola

-Based on a true story-

Gather 'round folks, and let me tell you a marvel-scale-lous story,
    This one is about iced_Cola and all his glory.

He traveled far and wide looking for a server to play on,
    A server he could cherish-ball, a server he could stay on

Poor and starving, he hobbled onto Johto with little expectations,
    Where he was met with loudred salutations,

"Welcome to Johto!" the community yelled,
    ..He almost left because Riddik absol-utely smelled.

Hustlin and workin harden to meet end's meet,
    He built a modest, lonely treehouse next to wildestofwheat.

Through unbayleafable hard work, sweat, and fake tears,
    he accomplished what took most people years.

He clauncher Cola Co., the largest breeding service Johto has ever seen,
    Making millions upon millions, he became Johto's go-to breeding machine.

Through serperior marketing strategies and techniques,
    Cola Co. grew quickly in a matter of weeks.

As months passed, he needed to seaking what else to do,
    Breeding wasn't amewsing anymore, it almost felt like he was through :(

And so he throh some ideas around and decided to apply,
    In which he became a tier rep, gym scrub, and e4 member, what a guy!

No longer a shellder of his former past,
    He was now helping others, taking battles, having a blast! ...toise

Dating back from a wee lil trainer, he quickly became..
    a breeding staryu, a meme (trainer iced, iced_emily, imbetterthaniced, stepaside_iced, iron_cola, theawkardcola), a household name!

Alright, alright, my Johto story is just about done,
    But never again will I say another pun.

That would be seal-ly.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 10:43 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  7. chocio88

chocio88 :3 Moderator

In-Game Name: Chocio88
    Server: Sinnoh, the home of the Punniest Manager
    Picture or text of your Entry: When I first heard of this competition, I thought it was a little RIDDIKulous but I though I would RAICHU a little story. It was a DARKRAI EEVEEning DURANT the winter and I was sat in my room with some friends. One friend asked me if I wanted some drugs. I said sure, WYNAUT? My other friend told me not to. He said WEEDLE make me high. But I took some anyway. I said to him hey can I AXEW a question, where do you get your drugs? He said AUDINO where I got them. The drugs made me feel a little DROWZEE. I passed out moments later. I had the craziest dream. I was on a MAGIKARPet flying above sinnoh with Rick GASTLY and some guy with an aFROAKIE. After we landed, Rick started KOFFING and WEEZING so I jumped back on the MAGIKARPet and made a RAPIDASH away. I head to the nearest SAWSBUCK's to grab a drink and a sandwich. I asked if I could get it BUTTERFREE. So I sat down to eat my sandwich but I was woken up from my dream by someone shouting BAGON THOT outside. I thought to myself that's a SHAYMIN. I was still a TYNAMO bit DROWZEE from last night. So when I was walking through my house I bumped into the table and I shouted, Ouch! I HITMONLEE! I sat down to watch some TV and put on the MEWs, I couldn't BAYLEEF what I saw. It was very ONIXspected. They have announced a new season of my favourite TV show, 3rd BROCK from the SUNKERN (3rd rock from the sun is a TV series trust me). After watching the news I watched The Green LANTURN at the cinema with my 2 friends from before. That was my day. I'm sorry my puns are ONIXly TRUBBISH. But I'm done for now. I BIDOOF you farewell! <3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gawky

Gawky Member

o wow you people are making me cry..
  9. Winglet

Winglet Survival Mod|Priest of Lord Kyuubi Staff Member Moderator

That was truly amazing
    • Like Like x 1
  10. EchoBlaze

EchoBlaze New Member

In-Game Name: EchoBlaze
    There was once a boy from a far away region. One day his mother told him he was going to Johto, the boy couldn't bayleef his ears!
    All his life he and his mother dwebbled through the caves of a far away region. He met all sorts of pokemon, even a very rare bouffalant with red sableyes. Once he was shipped to Johto he was transported to the main area. This region was very different from his own. It was a region where you HM02 in the sky. The boy was hoppiping through the main area and found himself experiencing a parasnormal activity. After this he wanted to be a staryu in battle and got pokemon to face the gyms. Soon he found out that he didn't stand a ghost of a chance against the zapping dos gyms. Soon he HM01'd through the gyms and he beat them all. After these gyms he found himself against the smelly four. He thought he could steel the wins and became the new champion of the Johto Region! He was the absol-lute winner of them all and he was never seen again. A boy named Gold was looking for him why he gyaradoes it no one knows.

This was the story, hope you liked it. I will not open my meowth again for puns unless it is needed! :3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. EnchantedTheMudkip

EnchantedTheMudkip New Member

In-Game Name: xEnchant
    Server: Johto!
    When I first saw this Lo-pun-ny competition I thought, Hey I should test my SKILL SWAP and write a story!

There was once a Mudkip from the Hoenn region. One day he Decidueyed to go to Johto, All of his friends thought he was crazy, They all said "A Hoenn Pokémon won't be Luvdisc in Johto!" So as the little Mudkip walked off sad, He found himself on the ship to Johto! The ship started moving! And the little Mudkip was scared. The ship was crashing into Lycanrocs! The Mudkip slid into some Metagross Muk! He Rotom-Washed himself off and he realized he was in Johto! Then he saw a Drink shop and decided to go get some Tapu Koko, "That will be 3 Pokedollars" Said the bartender. Mudkip doesn't have any Pokedollars. He puts the Tapu Koko back. Then Mudkip walks into the Carnavine, There is a huge Ferris Wheel, Mudkip goes on the Ferris Wheel and has a Jolly good time, The Ferris Wheel starts Croagunking and then Mudkip falls out of it! He is falling from the sky! But then a trainer named Enchanted Rapidash's and catches Mudkip! Mudkip is very scared, But then he opens his Sableyes and sees the trainer. The Mudkip jumps out of the trainers arms and tries to run away, He goes onto the Corpishing dock and the Fisher sends out his Pokémon. They want to battle! Enchanted runs forward and tells Mudkip to use Water gun! The Fishers Pokémon faints. Mudkip is so Happiny he found a friend, Enchanted asks if he could catch Mudkip for his team. Mudkip says yes! Enchanted and the Mudkip walk home with Blissey. Morelull of the story is, Even the smallest of things is Beautifly on the inside. Hope you enjoyed~~
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Maggie

Maggie Owner Staff Member Owner

Just wanted to add a quick comment that all of these pun stories are amazing! Keep it up!
  13. SNGL_Yort

SNGL_Yort New Member

SNGL_Yort
    Johto

Alrighty then, I suppose it’s my Lanturn to make a puntastic story. I might be a bit Lotad late to the train and this story will take a Mawile to make, but i think it will be for sure a wailord of fun to make and Bewear of the puns to come. Once upon a time, there lived a Nidoking and Nidoqueen in a castle. The fun thing about them was that they had a Clefairy princess that granted any Whismur they wanted. One day, the Clefairy was Slaking off and they were pretty Togetic’d off, the Clefairy wasnt feeling on Hitmontop of the world like it normally does and that Stunfisk’d them a little bit. It was strange, the day the Clefairy wasnt feeling well, the sky was very Cosmog. So the Nidoking and Nidoqueen decided to do a bit of searching through the Bisharp place known as the forest for some answers. Most people thought they were Mienfools but they knew people would have a Watchdog out for them and keep a Darkrai on them.. So they left for the forest. After days of searching they found somebody that could come to their Gallade so they walked closer to him, not to realise the Journey they’d be going on. The helper was a Gliscor! And suddenly everyone was in the Magnezone as they searched for something to help their Clefairy. They brought a Lanturn with them for some light and soon it began to Snover, which scared the Clefairy so much but they said to Munchlax and that everything will be ok and that made Clafairy very Happiny. Eventually it became Darkrai very fast so they needed to Beedrill a hole in a small hill made of Palossand. As they Dugtrio’d out the inside of the hill they became nice and Comfey and suddenly their worries just went away. They walked for a few more hours until they came across the thing that would give them all the answers.. A Landrous the genie of all the healer of all.They Reshiran towards it not thinking how Honedge the Landrous was. Now I know you want to hear the end of this story but it’s getting Riddik-ulously long so I think I might just Bayleaf it as is so I hope you all have a Swalot of fun reading this even though it is pretty Beldum. Dang now I Chansey why everyone was saying it was so hard… Time to fade into the Marshadow goodbye… for now >:)
  14. zLightningz

zLightningz New Member

That's an apundance of portmanteaus.