Journey Network Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Maggie, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Maggie

Maggie Owner Staff Member Owner

Journey Network Update

[​IMG]

Hello everyone! This is a really important News Post, and while it could be kind of long, try to read it all as it involves the future of the network and impacts you as a player! Don't worry, its all good news :)

A few nights ago, Pixelmon released a statement that they will no longer continue development on the Pixelmon Mod, as The Pokemon Company sent them a Cease and Desist. This means that there will be no more updates and the latest version Pixelmon version 5.1.2 is the last one. This is honestly an announcement that came as a big surprise and shock to everyone in the Pixelmon Community. We understand that a lot of you are upset, worried, or have questions on what will happen to the Network and to your servers. Right now we have decided that we will continue running our Pixelmon Servers for as long as we can! At the same time we will be pushing into Vanilla Minecraft by adding many new servers in the upcoming month or so.

You guys, as our community are SUPER important to us. Over the few years that we have been here, we have seen so many of you make incredible friendships and relationships. In essence we have all become one giant extended family. This is something we want to preserve for as long as possible. Which is why our Pixelmon Servers will continue to run until there is notice that we can no longer run them. Pixelmon version 5.1.2 is thankfully a good version to be on, as there are not as many bugs as there were in previous versions. For now don't panic or worry, Pixelmon will continue to run here on the network!

The latest Pixelmon version is no longer downloadable from their website, however we have decided to create a Technic Pack where you guys will be able to download and install the pixelmon version and connect to our servers. At the bottom of this post there will be links to download the Technic Launcher as well as our ModPack. Make sure to click like on the modpack too! More players will see it and download the pack! An install guide will be created too for those of you who might need help installing!

We will be adding new Vanilla minecraft servers, starting with Survival opening this week! We would love for all of you to stay and want to accommodate all of you who want to stay, into Vanilla servers if you please. Our unique Survival server has been in the creation process for a while now and fortunately, it'll be ready for release this coming week! You'll be seeing a lot of our current admins and managers working around the vanilla servers to help you all out! We have plans of adding Creative, Prisons, and MiniGames to our network! So make sure to stick around to see our new additions! With the additions of the Vanilla servers, we hope that you might find a new server to be on with all your friends in case our Pixelmon servers need to close. With our push into Vanilla, we will hopefully also see our player-counts rise!

Let us know in the comment section or through a private message for any servers you might be interested in seeing on the network! We want to thank all of you who have been here for as long as you have. Remember that this isn't the end! Now is the time to come closer as a community! <3

Technic Download: https://www.technicpack.net/download
    Modpack Download: http://modpack.journeygaming.com
  2. BionicPig_

BionicPig_ New Member

I think factions or another pvp based game would be cool to add in.

I'll stick around for as long as i can too. :)
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. Tyler DeCilio

Tyler DeCilio New Member

I'm here to stay
  4. Blazed(Elak)

Blazed(Elak) New Member

Awh I really wanted that mega pinsor :<
    PS: Lots of love Maggie
  5. Rumba1313

Rumba1313 Kanto Manager Staff Member Manager

Keep calm and Journey on ~
  6. I'll definitely stick around! Especially with the new upcoming servers!
  7. Vidz

Vidz New Member

Yeah I would definitely like to see a factions server :eek: and I think MiniGames would be really cool :)
  8. Oreo

Oreo Hoenn Mod / Omni-Sub Moderator

Lets see the Journey hype when the new servers come :>
  9. EricBrazzerz

EricBrazzerz Member

Factions please :D
  10. plushpuff

plushpuff New Member

what version will the vanilla survival server be running on?
  11. Dimmsy

Dimmsy Professional Part Time Wrestler Moderator

ill be so down for some factions
  12. SquirtleGuyPlayz

SquirtleGuyPlayz New Member

Heyo, pixelmon factions?
  13. Dragontrainer191

Dragontrainer191 New Member

The Johto community is kind of making me sad... they only seem to hear to one another and outsiders seem to get completly ignored or folks they dont like.. its almost like you'd have to EARN yourself first a name here by beating all the gyms before people start to notice you actually exist.
  14. xGoldenFlowersx

xGoldenFlowersx New Member

Please can there be a UHC minigame server? It's a really fun game that can be played solo or in teams
  15. Hyperweevil

Hyperweevil Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Stoked for that Vanilla Survival Server! Pixelmon may be gone in the future, but that just leads to different opportunities. Excited to see what comes.
  16. EnderPika2497

EnderPika2497 Vicious Pikachu of Kanto Staff Member Senior Mod

What about a murder mystery mini game thingy? x3
  17. Mistleteinn

Mistleteinn Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thank you for the reassuring news, Maggie ♥
  18. Porytune

Porytune New Member

how aboot skywars .-.
  19. Atlas__

Atlas__ New Member

add paintball or riot
  20. Gdogg4

Gdogg4 Member Senior Mod

Sorry to hear about this. I'm sure pixelmon is what made this server Successful