Journey Installation Guide for Pixelmon Dark(Generations) ModPack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maggie, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Maggie

Maggie Owner Staff Member Owner

Installation Guide for Pixelmon Dark(Generations)

This is the installation guide for the latest update to Pixelmon, Pixelmon Dark. The modpack is available through Technic Launcher. Please read through all the steps. The guide is in order from learning how to install technic to installing the modpack!​

Downloading Technic Launcher

If you have already have the Technic Launcher Downloaded and know how to use it, the modpack link is at the very bottom of the post, or search up "Pixelmon Dark"!
    1. Click this link to take you to the Technic Download Page https://www.technicpack.net/download
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then you will see three Green Buttons with the different Operating Systems Computers run. [​IMG]
    3. Click on the green button based on your Operating System (Windows, Mac. Linux)
    4. Technic download will immediately commence and you can find the download in your Downloads Folder on your computer.
    5. Double click on the download
    6. A prompt will come up asking about the installation type. Dont change anything, just click "Install" on the bottom right. Technic will start installing. [​IMG]
    7. After install, another prompt will come up. All you need to do is sign-in with your minecraft account.
    8. Technic is now Downloaded!
    Adding RAM
    Before installing the Mod Pack its better if you adjust all your RAM settings so that the mod pack works.
    1. At the top right click on the cog "Launcher Options" [​IMG]
    2. In the Launcher Options, click on "Java Settings"
    3. To be able to adjust the amount of RAM you have make sure that the Minecraft Java Version has the words "64-Bit" included in the name. [​IMG]
    4. If there is no option with 64-bit, you will need to download the proper version of Java that lets you change the RAM. Click this Link that takes you to the download site: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp Download the Version with (64-Bit) in the description under your operating system.
    5. Next to Memory, the default is set at 1 GB. Change it to 3 GB or 4GB, the recommended. [​IMG]
    6. Click the "X" in the Launcher Options Pop-up.
    7. You now have more RAM!
    Installing the ModPack "Pixelmon Dark"

Here you will be installing our Mod Pack name "Pixelmon Dark" It will continue to update and downloads the latest Pixelmon Version for you.
    1. At the top of the Launcher click on the "Modpacks" tab [​IMG]
    2. Right under the "Discover" tab, you will see a bar with "Add Pack or Search" [​IMG]
    3. Click that bar and type in "Pixelmon Dark" [​IMG]
    4. Automatically the ModPack will appear on the right side! You will see it next to a Masterball: Pixelmon Dark Official Pack
    5. At the bottom Left you will see the "Install" button, click that! [​IMG]
    6. The modpack will commence download, depending on your internet speeds, it could take anywhere from 2-15 minutes to download the Pixelmon Mod and install.
    7. Click "Play" at the bottom left to launch Minecraft with pixelmon installed! [​IMG]
    8. When you click on the "Multiplayer" button, all you need to is add the ip to your server! Alternatively, once you go into the "Multiplayer List" you should see Journey Gaming on the list!
    Handy Links:
    Technic Download
    : https://www.technicpack.net/download
    ModPack Download: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/pixelmon-513-pro.1072839
    Pixelmon Newspost: http://journeygaming.com/threads/skyblock-and-pixelmon-update.5863/
    Download Java (Pick Version with 64-bit In description): https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
  2. JKardy

JKardy New Member

I have downloaded the pack but the pixelmon dark version is 5.1.4 and not 5.1.2 that i need to join Johto
  3. ZanePvP

ZanePvP New Member

so my dude johto right now is using the Pixelmon Reborn Pack, just search it up on ur technic launcher and it should be the very first one that comes up just use that and u should be fine

-- ZanePvP
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  4. _Brokencrystal_

_Brokencrystal_ Ex-Mod/Omni Sub

Johto and Hoenn are currently (soon to update!) using 5.1.2, which you can run using the normal Pixelmon launcher if you already downloaded 5.1.2 from there, or the Pixelmon Revival pack from the technic launcher. Do not confuse this with Pixelmon Reborn, which is 5.1.3 and not used on Journey.
  5. Maggie

Maggie Owner Staff Member Owner

6. I don't get the 1.8 option for java, what should I do? It only goes up to 1.7.0 and I need 1.8 to run it.
  7. _Brokencrystal_

8. GamerOGuy

GamerOGuy New Member

When I try to join, even with Technic, I get a rejection saying I need Pixelmon 5.1.4a. Anyone else getting this, and how do I fix it?
  9. _Brokencrystal_

I believe the server updated to 1.8.3(?), if not, they're on 1.8.2.2, are you using either of those versions :?
  10. GamerOGuy

GamerOGuy New Member

I'm using the Technic launcher version, and still can't get on. :/
  11. _Brokencrystal_

Yes, Technic launcher has different versions, when did you download this one or which version number does it have? Maybe double check you're using the correct modpack.

Or you may need to fish around in %appdata% -> roaming -> .technic -> modpacks -> pixelmon-513-pro, I don't launch from Technic myself but I heard that there was an issue where Dark has an extra mods folder inside the original mods, Rumba posted in Discord all you need to do is move Pixelmon Dark file back into the first mods folder and delete the surplus one, however someone also mentioned it would be fixed in the next update, so this may not be the case.
  12. gongas502

gongas502 New Member

I can not play because the version you are using on the server is not for download now ..
  13. BuckeyeFTW

BuckeyeFTW Survival Meme Enthusiast. Staff Member Admin

It is available for download under the Technic Launcher.
  14. gongas502

gongas502 New Member

What is the version? the new version 2.0?
  15. BuckeyeFTW

BuckeyeFTW Survival Meme Enthusiast. Staff Member Admin

16. gongas502

gongas502 New Member

ok it's only because in the dark pixelmon site they took 2.0 because of the bugs .. so much so that the mod of this version if they are not available for download on the site and to take in the technic takes hours .. but thanks for the information .. I will miss the daily but I will wait for the better version.
  17. trent09dsr

trent09dsr New Member

i followed all the steps but every time i click play it nevers loads to minecraft it just take me back to the screen i was just on to click play. anybody know why that happens?
  18. _Brokencrystal_

It sounds like you are crashing on startup, how much RAM did you assign :?