Installation Guide 1.10.2 Pixelmon 5.1.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maggie, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Maggie

Maggie Owner Staff Member Owner

Installation Guide for Pixelmon 1.10.2
    Pixelmon 5.1.2

This guide will guide you how to upgrade your Pixelmon version to 5.1.2 using the regular Minecraft Launcher and Pixelmon Launcher. Make sure to follow along with the guide! If you know how to install and just want Direct Links, scroll to the end of this post!

Upgrading Pixelmon with Minecraft Launcher

Downloading FORGE!
    • Close your Minecraft!
    • DOWNLOAD: http://adfoc.us/serve/?id=27122864746371
    • Click the link and download Forge. An "Adfocus" page will pop up. On the Right Corner there is a RED box with the words "SKIP" Click that and forge will download automatically. [​IMG]
    • When Forge has downloaded, click the download, (It will be either at the bottom of your browser or in your Downloads Folder) [​IMG]
    • When it opens, you need to select "Install Client" then press "OK." [​IMG]
    • Another prompt will appear, confirming your installation. Press "OK" [​IMG]
    • Open your Minecraft Launcher!
    • At the top left there are three lines, click on that, then click "Launch Options"[​IMG]
    • Look for your Pixelmon Profile or Make a new one and Click it [​IMG]
    • Underneath Name, click on "Version" .
    • Scroll down until you find the version that says "Release 1.10.2-forge1.10.2-12.18.3.2316" and click it!
    • [​IMG]
    ****A SUPER IMPORTANT STEP**** IS CHANGING HOW MUCH RAM YOUR MINECRAFT NEEDS TO USE!****
    • Underneath the "Java executable" it says "Java Arguments."
    • Click on "JVM Arguments"
    • Change "-Xmx1G" to "-Xmx3G" (just changing 1 number) [​IMG]
    • Once that is set, "Save Profile" [​IMG]
    • Now your Forge is Updated!
    • Next is adding the new Pixelmon Version!
    Upgrading Pixelmon Versions
    • Close Minecraft!
    • You need to download the Pixelmon 5.1.1 from the Pixelmon Website.
    • Link: http://mirror.pixelmonmod.com/core/5.1.2/
    • Click download when the Bar is Green! [​IMG]
    • When the File Downloads, it will end up in your Downloads Folder[​IMG]
    • Go to your .minecraft folder by pressing "Windows Key" and the "R" key at the same time [​IMG]
    • A Search box will open and you need to type in %appdata% in the box, then press "OK"[​IMG]
    • A window will pop-up with list of Folders
    • Your .minecraft folder should be near the Top [​IMG]
    • Click .minecraft then click on your "mods" folder [​IMG]
    • Make sure to separate your 1.7.10/1.8.9/1.10 mods by moving the mods into separate folders like this, [​IMG]
    • This version of Pixelmon is 1.10.2, so from your Downloads Folder, drag and drop it to your 1.10.2 mods folder [​IMG]
    • If you only have Pixelmon in your mods folder, then take out the old one, and put in the new version.
    • You now have the New Pixelmon Installed!
    • All you need to do is launch Minecraft with the new Profile!
    Mac Edition

Here is a brief Guide on Installing Forge and Pixelmon on a Mac
    • Download the forge from this site: http://adfoc.us/serve/?id=27122864746371
    • The File will download to your downloads folder, desktop, or wherever your downloads save to.
    • Click on the Jar file and a pop up will come up. Click "Install Client" then "Ok" [​IMG]
    • The file will be saved to your /Users/<yourname>/Library/Application Support/minecraft Folder
    • Now you Download Pixelmon!
    • Download pixelmon here: http://mirror.pixelmonmod.com/core/5.1.2/ Click the Green Button!
    • That will download to wherever you have your downloads set to save
    • Now you will search for your minecraft folder by clicking on the search tab at the top right: [​IMG]
    • In this minecraft folder, search for your "mods folder"
    • Drag and drop your pixelmon download into that folder
    • Now launch your minecraft
    • Click on "Edit Profile" at the bottom left
    • Next to "Use Version", look for the forge you downloaded.
    • Next to "JVM Arguments" change its from "-Xmx1G" to "-Xmx3G" or replace with a 4, whatever you can handle. [​IMG]
    • Save your profile, and you are good to go!

Installing the Pixelmon Launcher
    You can also use the Pixelmon Launcher! Its an easier way to play, as it it downloads pixelmon and forge for you, all you need to do is select the version.
    ***Note: Pixelmon Launcher only works for WINDOWS, its not supported on Mac OS or Linux. ***
    • Have minecraft completely closed!
    • Download the Pixelmon Launcher from the Pixelmon Mod website
    • Link: http://mirror.pixelmonmod.com/launcher/beta/
    • Click download when the Bar is Green! [​IMG]
    • When the File Downloads, it will end up in your Downloads Folder[​IMG]
    • Look for "PixelmonLauncherBeta-2.1.7 download
    • A screen will pop up, you need to check and accept the Terms and Conditons and then install.[​IMG]
    • Once its downloaded, it will you ask you to type in your minecraft login and password[​IMG]
    • After logging in, create a profile. Click the plus at the bottom right[​IMG]
    • In the profile editor name your profile
    • [​IMG]
    • Then select the version of pixelmon from the drop down. Pixelmon 5.1.2[​IMG]
    • Then select your forge [​IMG]
    • Then Click Save at the bottom left of the editor. It will start downloading all the mods you need.
    • ****A SUPER IMPORTANT STEP**** IS CHANGING HOW MUCH RAM YOUR MINECRAFT NEEDS TO USE!!!****
    • At the top right is a Gear called "Settings" Click it! [​IMG]
    • A window appears, slide the Maximum Memory Bar to 3GB or 3,000 MB! [​IMG]
    • Then click "Close" at the bottom to save it. [​IMG]
    • Then you need to click Install at the top of the pixelmon launcher screen! [​IMG]
    • Pixelmon will start to install the mods and forge! Once done, click Start!
    • Minecraft will now start to load!
    • From there, just input our ip (play.journeygaming.com) in the Multiplayer list!
    Installing our JourneyGaming Pixpack

A super easy way to connect to our server with all the correct mods and information is by using our PixPack.
    • Once your Pixelmon Launcher is opened, click on "Pixpacks". It is the second tab [​IMG]
    • Scroll Down or click the second bubble at the bottom [​IMG] until you find our pixpack!
    • It will look like this:[​IMG]
    • Click on "Install". To join the 1.10.2 servers (Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova) set the version to "5.1.1_version"[​IMG]
    • Once you click on one of the versions, It will list what mods we have included, and at the bottom you click the green bar that says "Create New Profile" or "Update Profile"[​IMG]
    • Another window appears telling you to "Download Profile", just click "Download"
    • Whatever version you chose, will start to install! It will take a few minutes depending on your download speed.
    • Once its downloaded, click on "Run Journey Gaming PixPack"! [​IMG]
    • It will then log you in! From there, just click on "Multiplayer" once Minecraft is open and then our server is already on the list of servers!
    Troubleshooting and Tips

• If you are experiencing any crashes or a lot of lag, please make sure to increase the amount of Ram your Minecraft uses! A good amount is 3 GB!
    • If you are still lagging, do the following once you are in-game: Press escape, Video Settings, then turn "Use VBOS: ON" click it on it to turn it "OFF"
    • Also download Optifine! You can turn off certain particles or disable certain animations to help your minecraft run a lot smoother. Just download then drop the Optifine Mod into your "Mods Folder"! Optifine Download: http://optifine.net/adloadx?f=OptiFine_1.10.2_HD_U_D8.jar
    • If you are moving the pixelmon mod to your mods folder, make sure to ALWAYS move or delete the old version. Minecraft will crash if you have two pixelmon versions.

That should be everything you need to do to join Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova! Remember if you can't join right now, upgrade to the newest version!

Direct Downloads:
    Pixelmon Mod: http://mirror.pixelmonmod.com/core/5.1.2/
    Forge: http://adfoc.us/serve/?id=27122864746371 (Right Click ->Open in New Tab)
    Pixelmon Launcher: http://mirror.pixelmonmod.com/launcher/beta/
    Optifine: http://optifine.net/adloadx?f=OptiFine_1.10.2_HD_U_D8.jar
  2. Maggie

Post was edited from the Pixelmon 4.3.0 beta 9 to 1.10.2 Pixelmon 5.0.0 Beta 12, as it is the old installation guide is now void :)
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  3. AbsolGasai

AbsolGasai Active Member

can you have 2 pixelmon dls in the same mod folder? i.e. the one for sinnoh and the one for hoenn?
  4. Maggie

You can! In that folder create 2 other folders. Name one folder: 1.10.2 Then name the other folder 1.7.10 Then just separate the mods in to their right spots!
  5. AbsolGasai

AbsolGasai Active Member

oh!, thank you ~ no more moving mods in and out of the folder!!!
  6. RagingHunter

RagingHunter New Member

How do you FML/Forge so i can play multiplayer in Kanto and any region?
  7. Maggie

Make sure you have the right version of pixelmon and forge installed, if its that error, its because you are still using pixelmon 1.7.10 and not the 1.10 version that Kanto needs. Follow the guide above to help you install everything correctly.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Maggie

The Guide has been updated with using Pixelmon 5.0.0 and now has a Mac Section!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mddd

Mddd New Member

Tysm for the help Maggie!
  10. Mddd

Mddd New Member

Nvm... It doesn't work with 5.0.1 for me...
  11. AbsolGasai

AbsolGasai Active Member

i regretfully admit that i too, am having problems with 5.0.1. ... it's quite sad actually because i'm considered a vet in regards to minecraft.
    idk what the problem is, but i tried logging into hoenn with both pixelmon 5.0.1. and 5.0.0 on minecraft versions 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 ~ the lattest failed so miserably the server didn't even allow it. but point withstanding, i've done everything i'm supposed to do and still get rejected ~ gives me a notification that sounds something like "pixelmon 5.0.1. mod rejection" ~ i hope this helps someone solve the problem (assuming it's a serverwide issue for most people) or that someone informs me of being majorly blonde :3. I'm thinking about downloading the pixelmon launcher...but i'd rather not tbh.
  12. Maggie

13. AbsolGasai

AbsolGasai Active Member

thank you, i'll show you the errors next time i log in. (probably tommorrow though) ~ i can get to the hub for certain. probably the non-pixelmon one's and possibly jade's server. I might actually transfer to jades server :3
  14. Mddd

Mddd New Member

I use a mac, and I did everything up above. But nothing showed up...
  15. Hydranoid

Hydranoid 5 Time Gym Leader Extraordinaire

http://imgur.com/a/BAp0P

This is a super, super simple way to install pixelmon 5.0.1. It is also the same way to install forge, just double click forge and run it to make sure it works. This is ensuring you have the mod installed.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. AbsolGasai

AbsolGasai Active Member

is that link for a mac? ^ ~ the folders and stuff look so strange
  17. Mddd

Mddd New Member

Nope... Still Nothing...
  18. Maggie

If you could specify what problem you're having it would be easier to help. You just said nothing is showing up? what does that mean? @Mddd
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mddd

Mddd New Member

20. AbsolGasai

AbsolGasai Active Member

exact same thing ^ ~ just using windows and we might have a beta version of forge (assuming everyone isn't using a forge beta, it might be the problem)