[High Round Guide] Der Riese

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Aerhoe, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Aerhoe

Aerhoe Member

Introduction

Der Riese

Starting Room
    Weapons available:
    M14 (500)
    Olympia (500)

When you spawn in the map, you can see the Pack a Punch, as well as the mainframe. This is important if you want to Pack a Punch your weapon(s). Anyway, to start off the first three rounds, you should always knife. This will maximize your point intake and by round 3, you should have about 3500 or so points. At this point, you should open the door to the HS10 room.

HS10 Room (750)
    Weapons available:
    HS10 (1000)

There is nothing special about this room, except the HS10 is available here. There is also one barricade, but I do not suggest staying in this room for at least a round, so we can move on to the MP5K room.

Garage (1200)
    Weapons available:
    MP5K (1000)
    Perks available:
    Mule Kick (4000)

In this room, there is a MP5K on the wall, with two barricades. There is also Mule Kick for 4000 points, and I do suggest you buy the MP5K off the wall, because it is a great point hoarding weapon. You should still be at round 3, but before you end the round, open the debris on the stairs leading to power.

Power Room(s) (1250)
    Weapons available:
    None
    Perks available:
    Double Tap (2000)
    Speed Cola (3000)
    Cosmetics Available:
    Power

In this section of the map, there are no guns, but there is Double Tap. Do not buy it yet: your priority is Juggernog. Before you kill the last zombie (I am guessing you have left it alive), drop down to the generator, and behind it there is the power switch. Right click the sign, and you may notice the bridge has opened, so now go through the mini-tunnel on the front-left side of the room, and you will see that Speed Cola is there once you turn the left. You may buy this, but I do not suggest you do this before you buy Juggernog. Continue on, and go through the HS10 room, and the Garage once again, and go up the stairs to the catwalk.

Juggernog Room
    Weapons available:
    None
    Perks available:
    Juggernog (2500)

Cross the catwalk, and follow the path until you can turn right. Do so and turn right at the end of the hall. Punch the Juggernog machine, and you have bought Juggernog. Go back the way you came from to the catwalk. On the right side of the catwalk, you can hop back down to the power place.

Teleporter 1 (1250)
    Weapons available:
    Bowie Knife (3000)
    FAMAS (1500)
    Perks available:
    Quick Revive (Solo 500 / Co-Op 1500)

At the end of the power area, there is a door. Open it. When you enter the other room with a big teleporter, right click the sign inside it. This activates the teleporter link sequence. Quick! Run to the starting room and right click the beacon at the mainframe! You have thirty seconds! Once you have done this, you may return to the room, and camp at the catwalk.

Teleporter 2 (1250)
    Weapons available:
    MP40 (1500)

To get to this room, you have to go through the MP5K room, and up the stairs. Instead of going left to go towards the catwalk to Juggernog, take a right. Open the door, and you will see there is a teleporter at the back of the room. Initiate the link sequence, and run back to the mainframe and right click the beacon. One more teleporter to go!

Teleporter 3 (750, 1000, 1250)
    Weapons available:
    AK74u (1500)
    M16 (1200)
    Stakeout (1500)

Go back to the starting room. If you're already there from Teleporter 2, go ahead and open the other door in the starting room. Continue forward, and turn a right. There is a door there. Open it, and then turn left once you see the doorway. Turn another left, and there is a door with the final teleporter. Here, you go up the stairs (there are two sets, one on the left and one on the right) to the teleporter. Activate the link sequence, and run back to the mainframe. Link the final teleporter, and congratulations! Pack a Punch is now open! You can Pack a Punch your weapons, and go to the catwalk in the room with Teleporter 1.

--
    Good Setup For This Map (Optional)
    Unranked:
    Ray Gun / Porter's X2 Ray Gun (Box weapon)
    RPK / R115 Resonator (Box Weapon)
    Juggernog (2500)
    Speed Cola (3000)
    Double Tap (2000)
    Quick Revive (500 / 1500)

VIP:
    Ray Gun / Porter's X2 Ray Gun (Box weapon)
    Thundergun (Box Weapon)
    Juggernog (2500)
    Speed Cola (3000)
    Double Tap (2000)
    Mule Kick (4000)
    Weapon to get: RPK / R115 Resonator (Box weapon)

MVP:
    Ray Gun Mark II / Porter's Ray Gun Mark II (Box weapon)
    Wunderwaffe DG-2 / Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ (Box weapon)
    Juggernog (2500)
    Speed Cola (3000)
    Double Tap (2000)
    Mule Kick (4000)

Legend:
    Ray Gun Mark II / Porter's Ray Gun Mark II (Box weapon)
    Wunderwaffe DG-2 / Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ (Box weapon)
    Sentry Gun or Gersh Device (Box Utility)
    Juggernog (2500)
    Speed Cola (3000)
    Double Tap (2000)
    Mule Kick (4000)
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TJPlaysNow[HELP ME]

TJPlaysNow[HELP ME] Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Very detailed! I usually just play this map and some how get too a high round. It's a pretty easy starter map too be honest. But I think this will definitely help some of the new players!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Oni-Chan/mateorules

Oni-Chan/mateorules New Member

kewl beans
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Aerhoe

Aerhoe Member

Updated the guide, I also finished it :D
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DOGIBAG

DOGIBAG New Member

At least the PaP Wunderwaff bug isn't on this server, or else it would be chaos
  6. TJPlaysNow[HELP ME]

TJPlaysNow[HELP ME] Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No clue what this bug is.
  7. DOGIBAG

DOGIBAG New Member

In the WaW Der Riese map, there was a bug in which that if you were shot by a Pack A Punched Whnderwaff, you would secretly lose your Juggernogg. At least they patched it in BO1
  8. Aerhoe

Aerhoe Member

Nah, the DG-2 bug was intentional. Not sure about the DG-3 JZ though. That one may have been accidental.
  9. DragonKing191

DragonKing191 New Member

Winter's Howl did suck in Black Ops, but its an insta kill on the server and can kill up to 24 zombies per shot. Steroids
  10. TheEmojiMovieSux

TheEmojiMovieSux New Member

Whats a riese???
  11. Agent_Ducky

Agent_Ducky Member

Der Riese itself is German for the giant