Hello, I'm lilshawn,

Discussion in 'Introduce Me' started by lilshawn, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lilshawn

lilshawn New Member

Hi, my name is lilshawn. I've played minecraft since the alpha development days.

I'm an old fart at 37 years old. play mosty vanilla style minecraft. not so much into pvp and fancy things like that. I play games on my home built, ridiculously overclocked computer.

I randomly joined the journey server about 2 months ago, after the other server I played on closed.

It was a small server of ~30 users in our city. 4 people, including myself, headed the building and administration of the server. Good times were had by all. But as interest died down, and people became busy... only myself and maybe 1 or 2 others would come on in a day. There where often weeks go by where I'd just play by myself and nobody would come on. There wasn't enough people to warrant keeping it open so the consensus was made to shut it down. :(

I try and play games on the weekends. I have a full time monday to friday job as a service technician for an amusement company. I spend most of my days driving to locations and repairing our company's video games, jukeboxes and pool tables that we have out on locations. When I'm not out fixing things, I'm in our shop, building things.

I have 3 children 10, 6, and 3 years old. oddly enough, none seem interested in Minecraft, so I sometimes play minecraft with my nephew...but he's more into playing CS-GO and whatnot.

I got my minecraft nickname from the beginning of highschool. I would hang out with the older guys a couple grades above me because they were into computers and programming and stuff. There was a really annoying kid named Shawn who would harass people in the computer lab as well. If I wanted to hang out with my friends, the'd ask their parents if "Shawn" could come hang out or whatever, but they'd assume the annoying "Shawn" and say no. So to differentiate, the'd say "No, not that Shawn, little Shawn"

So I have been known for the past 20 years or so as "li'l Shawn"

o/
  2. DFMiner2002

DFMiner2002 nothing

Welcome to our server hope you have an enjoyable time here. What server do you play on? o.o
  3. Maggie

Maggie Owner Staff Member Owner

Enjoy your stay! :)
  4. lilshawn

lilshawn New Member

thanks, I've just been playing on skyblock. something different for a while. once I get sick of skyblock, i'll hit up some of the fancy pixelmon games
  5. DFMiner2002

DFMiner2002 nothing

Sounds great!