Survival Green Thumb doesn't seem to work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ubergine, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ubergine

ubergine New Member

I've been reading up on the McMMO abilities and there seems to be bugs with the Green Thumb ability in Herbalism.

http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/Herbalism

There's meant to be a chance for plants to be re-sown when harvested by hand, but this only seems to happen with Nether Wort and no other crop.

There's also meant to be a chance for extra crops to drop, and this never happens for sure for Wheat, and I'm not sure about carrots or potatoes but seems like it doesn't. I think it does happen for nether wort and beetroot though.
  2. LeafyWrath

LeafyWrath Survival Mod Staff Member Moderator

Hi Ubergine,
    Are you sure you are not doing anything wrong?
    Both green thumb and green terra work perfectly fine for me.
    And also, you must use a hoe! It won't work with hands.
    Almost every ability is based on your Herbalism level. (higher level you are, better the effect is)

I hope this helped you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
  3. ubergine

ubergine New Member

I've tested again. Holding a hoe makes no difference, activating Green Terra has no effect (apart from fireworks). You don't need a hoe to get the green thumb effect on nether wort (eg replant itself)
  4. ubergine

ubergine New Member

I'm now finding I can't even activate Green Terra, which doesn't matter because it didn't function when I did anyway. It's still mysterious why it's not working. I've tried using hoes made of each material too, except diamond, makes no difference. It's annoying though that the advantages of farming are not functioning, as I've taken farming as a job for that reason. The bonuses are working on Nether wart and sugar cane at least.