Journey August Network Build Competition

Discussion in 'Events' started by Maggie, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Maggie

Maggie Owner Staff Member Owner

August Network Build Competition

[​IMG]
    Hey everyone! Its time for another Build Competition! Last comp, we didn't have a theme and we all saw some incredible builds! This month we will have our first Theme: Tree House! Create a build using this theme and submit it to the Build Competition. All rules and requirements are listed below. One of the rules we want to clarify is: The use of any mods or programs that loads schematics or guides on where to place blocks are NOT allowed. Using any of these mods will result in a disqualification. We like to see that you put thought and originality into your build which will stand out to us much more. When you are ready to submit your build, make sure to reply to this post in the format below!

Build Competition Rules and Requirements!

Start Date: August 1st
    End Date: August 30th Midnight EST
    Theme: Tree House! Build or grow some trees and add your house or fort!
    Server: Builds MUST be made on our servers. You have an entire month to gather materials and build something to submit!
    Originality: We want to make sure that anything you built, is original and made by you, please don't submit anything you copied or schematiced.
    Coordinates: Please provide the server and the coordinates to your build so the judges can review your submission!
    Submission: You may only enter one submission! You can have more then 1 tree house as long as it all fits together for your submission. If you have been working on a tree-house type build by yourself before the competition started, feel free to finish that build and enter!
    Participants: Your builds must have been created by you only! No partners! You CAN have people fund your builds by giving you money or supplies, but they CANNOT build with you!
    Pictures: Please add a picture of your build with your post on the forum for everyone to see if you are able to!

Please don't submit a build that is inappropriate, we are a family-friendly network!

Winners will be decided at the end of the competition, with the 1st place winner earning top prizes and getting their build featured on Twitter!
    All prizes will be determined based on what server you play on! 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places available!

Build Comp Reply Layout
    (PLEASE ADD YOUR SUBMISSION BY REPLYING TO THIS POST!!)
    In-Game Name:
    Server:
    Coordinates
    :
    Picture of build:
    Feel free to add a small description of your build!

EDIT: RULING ON CREATIVE SERVER vs SURVIVAL MODE BUILDS: The creative server was added after this competition started. We have decided that you must specify in your submission if you built it on the creative server or not. Builds on Creative will be its own category separate from the Survival Builds! So yes, for this comp there will be two 1st places!
  2. Studders101

Studders101 New Member

I know it's been already debated and decided upon however, as someone who is going to enter the build comp and has spent hours slaving away for materials, i dont think it is fair to allow the creative server to participate into the build comp, at least not for this one. What are your thoughts?
    @Maggie
  3. LightTheTrainer

LightTheTrainer New Member

Personally, I think Creative should be allowed as materials are easily bought. And there are many advantages and disadvantages in creative compared to the rest of the servers. So, in conclusion, I say it should be allowed :D
  4. Studders101

Studders101 New Member

What disadvantages?
    The fact i spent hours filling 3 dubs with spruce leaves, which would take someone 3 left click or the fact ive had to struggle w/out flight, which takes someone two presses of a button to fly, or maybe its the fact i needed to actually work for my resources instead of pressing E.
    It should not be allowed in this competition since people starting doing build completely legit such as me, ive spent hours building a tree, that doesn't even have leaves yet and im already contemplating if the time spent is worth it.
  5. Maggie

I added this to the formal post, but going to comment it here as well.
    RULING ON CREATIVE SERVER vs SURVIVAL MODE BUILDS: The creative server was added after this competition started. We have decided that you must specify in your submission if you built it on the creative server or not. Builds on Creative will be its own category separate from the Survival Builds! So yes, for this comp there will be two 1st places!

tldr: Builds on creative and builds on survival will be separate when judged. So build on whatever server you want!
  6. Studders101

Studders101 New Member

My b i didnt re-read it, since i didnt think anything new was added.
  7. Zacharyyy

Zacharyyy New Member

Does one have to build it on any journey server cuz voxel sniper would be nice lolzor
  8. Maggie

It says in the rules: "Server: Builds MUST be made on our servers. You have an entire month to gather materials and build something to submit! " Yes it must be built on a Journey Server.
  9. Kingrc16

Kingrc16 New Member

In-Game Name:Kingrc16
    Server:Unova
    Coordinates
    :-387, 64, 8023
    Picture of build:
    2017-08-16_15.45.36.png 2017-08-16_15.46.02.png 2017-08-16_15.46.05.png 2017-08-16_15.46.07.png 2017-08-16_15.46.09.png 2017-08-16_15.46.14.png 2017-08-16_15.46.19.png 2017-08-16_15.46.22.png 2017-08-16_15.47.08.png 2017-08-16_15.47.15.png
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 8:59 PM
  10. Studders101

Studders101 New Member

11. BrownBoyyy

BrownBoyyy New Member

Is it possible that i have 2 entries?
  12. Studders101

Studders101 New Member

I dont see why not.
  13. LightTheTrainer

LightTheTrainer New Member

In-Game Name: LightTheTrainer
    Server: Creative
    Coordinates: -360, 90, 470 (Plot:-7:10)
    Picture of build: 2017-08-21_19.06.29.png 2017-08-21_19.06.54.png 2017-08-21_19.07.32.png
  14. BrownBoyyy

BrownBoyyy New Member

15. Tevoir

Tevoir New Member

Kek, made one.

IGN: Tevoir
    Server: Johto
    Coordinates: 2322, 123, -9412
    Information:
    2 rooms and 1 lounging area on top.
    Lounging area also includes a minecart track for hatching eggs.
    You can get to these areas via the stair case in the tree trunk, or the elevators in the middle.

Attached Files: